Yoga Therapy is a form of holistic healing or integrated medicine that uses the ancient science of yoga to enhance health and well-being. It adapts the practice of yoga to address specific health conditions as well as preventative habits.
Megan offers personalized Yoga Therapy and Private Meditation appointments in person and virtually.
Some of the ways in which yoga therapy differs from yoga are:
• Yoga therapy is completely adaptable and works with your goals. Each session is tailored to the client’s needs; whether you want to gain relief from chronic pain, facilitate injury recovery, improve flexibility, reduce stress and sleep better, improve body awareness and well-being, get help with anxiety or depression, or simply retain your youthful appearance and energy.
• Yoga therapy targets the practice to specific conditions. Most health issues benefit from some yoga asanas or yoga breathing techniques and not others. A yoga therapy program for sciatic pain for example, would be very different from a yoga therapy practice targeting anxiety.
• Yoga therapy adjusts the poses to your body’s needs. A Yoga Therapist shows the client how to modify poses to their body using props and gentle alignment assists. This ensures that you get full benefits from each pose and feel safe and confident doing a personalized home practice.
• Yoga therapy uses adjunct techniques to speed your progress. When called for, the session may include energy therapy, sound healing or Thai Yoga bodywork to facilitate a deeper release.
• Yoga therapy is offered in individual sessions enabling the teacher to guide you in the fine subtleties of muscle relaxation, stretching, and strengthening.
Yoga Therapy takes a bio-psycho-social approach to health, then adds the spiritual to recognize purpose in life, the importance of inner practices and relationship with self.
Pain is not an accurate indication of what is happening in the body. Pain also may not be a prediction of what movements, activities and exercises can or cannot be done safely.
Learn to Meditate
There are as many styles, techniques and variations of meditation as there are practices to move your body. Megan will help you find the meditation tools that are most pleasurable for you and support your desired outcome. There is no such thing as a bad meditation. All of these levels of awareness are powerful states of consciousness that allow our inner Self to stay in balance with the outside world.
About Your Teacher
Megan was initially introduced to the meditative and breathing aspects of yoga in the late 1980’s in Boulder, CO as a long-term method to manage panic attacks. Even when time takes away from a physical practice, meditation continues to be the strong foundation for her mental well being and yoga sadhana (daily spiritual practice).
Yoga Therapy On YouTube
Visit Megan’s YouTube channel to see the full Yoga Therapy Playlist. And remember to subscribe and click the bell if you want to be notified about new content.
WhatsApp +353 87 409 7765
Local: +353 (0)87 409 7765
Please contact Megan for a free consultation or to schedule a private therapy appointment.